Friday, November 29, 2013
Post Hyst
Well, I must say that physically, I'm feeling pretty good. I only have 4 small incisions on my belly that were glued shut. I haven't felt any worse than I did after childbirth. :) I feel encouraged and loved. My mother and father-in-law came up and have been here helping us. It's been wonderful to have them here. They took my son to and from school and took care of my baby so I could rest. I packed a bag full of stuff to do at the hospital, but didn't do any of it. haha It was pretty funny how important it was that I peed and passed gas. I felt like a toddler proudly announcing my accomplishments every few hours. My doctor told me that only 50% of people are able to pee on their own after surgery. I was determined to be part of that percentage and I was! I know I have the even bigger surgery looming ahead of me, but I feel encouraged and optimistic. I feel good knowing that I have already dropped my chances lower. I really appreciate one person who reminded me on facebook that I'm doing this because of my family and that I want to be around for them. That is exactly true! I am a little hurt that neither one of my sister's have checked on me at all, but I really do appreciate all the people that have. It's going to be very difficult to follow through with doctor's orders though. I am not to drive for 2 weeks and not to lift anything over 10 lbs. for 8 WEEKS!!! That includes my sweet, chunky baby! This will be hard, but I think we'll figure it out. I'm sure the time will go fast just like it always does. I am thankful for everyone in my life who is praying for me and encouraging me. You all are wonderful and I love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad you are doing well. :-) Congrats on peeing!!! If I don't have children of my own I can say that to then at least I've got friends. Yeah, sisters are the worst, aren't they? Love!
ReplyDeleteSweet friend, thank you for posting! God keep you feeling that love and support.
ReplyDelete