I'm sitting here rejoicing that I no longer have an 85% chance of getting breast or ovarian cancer!!
My boobs look like angry jack-o-lanterns, but I know they won't look like this forever.
I'm so grateful for my doctors and for researchers who discovered this gene. All my life, I've had this dark cloud in the back of my mind. Growing up, it seemed inevitable that I would also meet the same end as the women in my family. I thank God that it's not true anymore. I'm also praising God for my husband. I know this isn't easy for him either, but I draw strength from him and the fact that he loves me and still makes me feel beautiful. I also have such a wonderful, strong support system. So many wonderful people have been taking care of us in various ways. I am truly blessed!
The pain I have experienced has been worse than anything I've ever felt before. When I woke up from surgery, I know I was freaking out! I feel sorry for the people taking care of me that day. haha
My issues with claustrophobia really flared up with that really tight wrap around my chest. I also have acid reflux and can't lie flat on my back for very long. After being flat on my back for 5 hours, my chest was hurting really bad. I also couldn't move any part of my body without experiencing excruciating pain. I just sat there and cried, because it hurt so bad. But, thankfully, I gradually made it up off the bed and then made it out to the hallway to walk around. I've been having to sleep in a recliner or on the couch, but that's getting better too. When I got my wrap and drains removed, I also experienced some terrible pain in my left shoulder. Thankfully, that's much better too.
I'm looking forward to the future and the finished project. It's going to be great!!
PS. if there's any weird typos it's because I'm still pretty heavily medicated. lol
yay for you Sarah!
ReplyDeleteGod bless you sweet Sarah! You have gone thru more than most of us ever will! Our God is strong and faithful - praise Him for healing and better days that will be yours soon. Will continue to pray for you!
ReplyDelete