Thursday, April 24, 2014

Overwhelmed

I don't want to do this anymore!  I just want my old ones back.  I can't finish this.  The doctor said it would take 4 months and that seems like an eternity!  I'm so tired of being uncomfortable and low on energy.  I know it hasn't been that long and I'm doing much better than I was a few weeks ago, I just feel overwhelmed today.  People keep talking like they are envious of what I'll have at the end, but I don't think they should envy this process at all!  I would much rather have not had to do this at all.  I'm listening to worship music as I type this and I have to admit that nothing changes my frame of mind like praising God for His grace and forgiveness!!  I don't know how people make it through life's struggles without that anchor.  Ok, my rant is over and I will continue to keep my eyes on Jesus rather than on my current struggle.  I get so frustrated that I can't keep up with the housework, but I was trying to figure out what would be the most relaxing thing for me to do this afternoon.  I think I'll just spend some time at the feet of Jesus and let everything else go!

1 comment:

  1. Since you just recently found me on FB, I've had no idea what was going on with your surgeries...until you posted this blog entry today. I've read through the blog history and from my perspective, you're in the home stretch! You can do this! You've come so far! It sounds like you really did your research, you have a good support network, and now all that's left is patient care of yourself so you can heal. I can't imagine what it must feel like to be in your situation, but I praise God that you have Him for an anchor and I know you can finish this process by leaning on Him for strength. My prayer for you from Eph 1: 19-20 "I also pray that you will understand the incredible greatness of God’s power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God’s right hand in the heavenly realms."

    ReplyDelete